Ten Steps For Amazing Patio Doors
Adding patio doors to your Winnipeg, MB home is a great way to make it more accessible to the outdoors, bring in natural light, and even up your home value. However, there are a lot of patio door options out there, and it can be hard to know which one to choose. Not to mention that installing patio doors is tough.
The entire process can be overwhelming, but it doesn’t have to be. Follow these 10 steps to make your patio door buying and installing processes easy, and your new doors amazing.
Check For Performance – High quality doors should have airtight seals for weatherproof performance and energy efficient function. Inspect the corners and edges of the frames for cracks and crevices, and if the door has windows, make sure they tilt or open easily for ventilation and maintenance.
Trust the Professionals – Your contractor and vendor know what they’re talking about. Listen to their advice and recommendations when making your decisions, but never feel pressured if you don’t agree.
Think About Adding Extras – Double or triple-paned glass panels for door windows and extra thick doors not only help keep energy costs down, but also keep unwanted sound out for a more quiet and comfortable home. Think about investing in extras for added efficiency or safety.
Read the Label – Most doors these days come with labels detailing their energy efficiency ratings. Be sure to read the labels to make sure doors you like match your energy efficiency needs and preferences.
Follow All Local Codes – There are patio door installation codes in place to ensure you and your family’s safety. Be aware of such codes, and take care to follow them.
Measure – While contractors and professional measure the space, it’s always a good idea to measure yourself as well.
Triple Check – Double and triple check all of your measurements before giving them to your contractor. This ensures a good fit and tight seal for weatherproof systems.
Install Flashing – Even the highest quality patio doors can leak at the top without flashing or drip caps, so don’t forget to think about and install flashing.
Bonus Protection – Storm doors are a great way to protect your home from severe weather and potential intruders.
Don’t Forget the Trim – It’s easy to forget the finishing touches. Your patio doors won’t look complete without new trim to go with them. Have fun and add other accessories and extras too, like lights and new hardware.
If you’re still stressed about finding new patio doors, Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd is here to help. We offer a range of Winnipeg, MB patio door services and would love to guide you through the process. You can stop by our showroom, located at 3224 Portage Ave Winnipeg, MB R3K 0Y8, to see some options in person. You can also call us at (204) 889-8422 for more information, or to get the process started.
- Tips for Painting Plantation Shutters
- Frequently Asked Replacement Window Questions
- All About Measuring Shutters for Replacement Windows
- Do Your Replacement Windows Have Condensation?
- Fighting Back Against Loss Of Glass Viewing Area
- Do You Want Sliding Replacement Windows?
- An Easy Checklist For Finding Replacement Windows
- Replacement Windows With Cordless Cellular Window Shades
- Vinyl Replacement Windows For Your Home
- Keep Your Replacement Window Shades and Blinds Clean
- A Guide To Casement Replacement Windows
- How To Keep Your Double Hung Replacement Windows Clean
- Cellular Vs. Roller Window Shades For Your Replacement Windows
- Alternative Shutter Materials For Replacement Windows
- Wood Replacement Window Shutters
- Measurements, Fabric And Other Things To Decide On Before Buying Curtains
- Exterior Replacement Window Shutters
- Are Your Replacement Wasting Your Money?
- Weather-stripping Your Replacement Windows
- Fiberglass Frame Replacement Windows
- Solar Window Shades For Replacement Windows
- Winter Replacement Windows
- Bow Vs. Bay Replacement Windows
- Motorized Window Blinds and Replacement Windows
- What to Think About Before Choosing Blinds
- Entry Door Styles
- R-value and Patio Doors
- How To Care For Your Custom Windows and Doors
- Be Careful With Replacement Window Installation
- 4 Questions To Ask About Your Entry Door Contractors
- The Common Patio Door Contractor Process
- Double-Pane Glass For Custom Windows and Doors
- 5 Common Questions About Vinyl Replacement Windows
- 6 Original Ways to Decorate Your Entry Door
- Breathe New Life Into Your Patio Doors
- The Important of Locks
- Locks For Replacement Windows
- Entry Doors Versus Interior Doors
- Great Patio Door Locks
- Custom Glass For Custom Windows And Doors
- Save On Replacement Windows
- Should Your Entry Door Have Glass?
- All About Choosing Patio Doors
- Home Security and Custom Windows and Doors
- Do Replacement Windows Really Save You Money?
- Basic Types of Entry Doors
- Ten Steps For Amazing Patio Doors
- Tips and Tricks for Choosing the Best Custom Windows and Doors
- The Different Kinds of Replacement Windows
- Entry Door Security
- Patio Door Security
- Stained Glass For Your Custom Windows And Doors
- Replacement Windows and Your Historic Home
- The Basic Types of Entry Doors
- Choosing Your Ideal Patio Doors
- Amazing Features For Your Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Efficiency Labels on Replacement Windows
- Trendy Entry Doors For Your Winnipeg, MB Home
- Top Patio Door Trends For 2018
- The Benefits of Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Star Replacement Windows
- How to Choose the Right Entry Doors for Your Home
- 4 Priorities When Buying New Patio Doors
- Why Vinyl is an Excellent Material for Custom Windows and Doors
- 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing Replacement Windows
- Is it Time for New Entry Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 3 Types of Patio Doors in Winnipeg, MB
- Why Invest in Custom Windows and Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 5 Tips for Replacement Windows in Winnipeg, MB
- Financial Considerations When Choosing Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Home Value Increases from New Windows in Winnipeg
- Why Vinyl Windows Outperform Other Products in Lockport, MB
- Getting Started with Replacement Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Why You Need New Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Homeowner Tips: Caring for Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What is the Cost of Window Installation in Selkirk, MB?
- 4 Features to Consider When Selecting Windows in Winnipeg
- The Best Care Tips for Windows in Winnipeg
- 5 Important Benefits of New Windows in Winnipeg
- Do You have Energy Efficient Windows Installed in Your Selkirk, MB Home?
- How to Find a Reliable Window Contractor in Selkirk, MB
- Are Vinyl Windows the Right Choice for Your Home in Lockport, MB?
- Choosing Vinyl Windows for a Property in Lockport, MB?
- 3 Signs It is Time to Replace the Windows in Your St Francis Xavier Home
- Quality Windows are Necessary to Reduce the Risk of Pest Infestations in St Francis Xavier
- Window Consultation in Winnipeg: Why Both Homeowners Should be in Attendance
- Residential Windows in Selkirk, MB: Should You Expect Wear and Tear?
- Easy Window Installation in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Steps to Choosing the Best Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Why You Always Need an Experienced Contractor for Vinyl Window Installation in Lockport, MB
- Windows and Warranties: What Winnipeg Homeowners Need to Know
- Selkirk, MB Homeowners: How Can You Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced?
- Tips to Find a Professional Window Installer in St Francis Xavier
- 3 Things to Consider Before Choosing Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Vinyl Windows Are a Great Solution for Energy Efficiency in Lockport, MB
- You Deserve Quality Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Choosing the Right Windows in Winnipeg
- When is the Best Time of Year to Replace Windows in Winnipeg?
- Window Shopping in Selkirk, MB? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Proven Steps to Choose New Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What Should You Do about Drafty Windows in St Francis Xavier?
- Easy Tips to Help You Choose a Windows Contractor in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Benefits of Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- How to Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced in Your Selkirk, MB Property
- How Much Should You Spend on Windows in Winnipeg?
- Choosing The Right Replacement Windows For Your Winnipeg Home
- Preparing For Your Window Replacement Project In St. Francis Xavier, MB!
- The Right Replacement Windows For Your East St. Paul, MB Home
- Replacement Window FAQs For The West St. Paul, MB Homeowner
- Your Whole-Home Replacement Window Project in Selkirk, MB
- Lockport, MB Window Replacements Just For You
- Knowing When To Replace Your Headingley, MB Windows
- Your Winnipeg Home's Entry Door & Your Unique Character
- A Patio Door For All Seasons
- Choose Pioneer For Your Custom Windows And Doors