Locks For Replacement Windows
It’s very important to have locks for the replacement windows on your Winnipeg, MB home. From protection from intruders or bad weather to child safety, window locks are a vital part of any window. There are a lot of different kinds of locks out there, though, so it’s equally important to know what types are best for different windows and uses. Some of the most common kinds of locks are:
Latch – Window latches are the most common type. They are often found on the top of a window sash to help secure the two sashes together. You can use a latch in conjunction with other locks for more security.
Keyed – Keyed locks are most commonly paired with latches, as they are installed on the side of the window to help secure it to the frame.
Child Safety – These locks do allow windows to be open about 3 or 5 inches to allow for airflow, but not any further than that to help keep kids from falling out. These locks also help keep intruders out/
Swivel Action – Swivel action locks are self-locking because they have a that stops the window from opening once its closed. All you have to do to open it is turn the to release the lock.
Lag Screws – These are cheap and easy to install, as all you have to do is drill a few small holes, insert lag screws, and tighten washers.
Sliding – Sliding window locks are primitive looking, but are very effective at keeping out intruders. They can only be used with sliding windows, but there is no installation required.
Hinged Wedge – Hinge wedge locks allow you to control how much or how little your window can open, which is very helpful if you have growing children in the house. They can be pushed inward to open the window all the way, or pulled away to keep the window more closed.
Window Pin – These locks are made up of two pieces, a chain and a holder. The chain is attached to the window frame, and the holder is on the window. You lock the window by sliding the chain into the holder.
Folding Latches – Folding latches are the best for awning and casement windows. They fold down to lock the window into place when closed, and unfolded to open the window back up.
Handle Lock – A handle lock is a simple latch the locks the window when moved into its horizontal position. The window can only be opened when the latch is pulled vertically.
These are just a few of the many different kinds of locks you can get for your replacement windows. If you want to learn more about locks, or need help choosing what kind of lock would be best for the windows in your home, contact Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd. Located at 3224 Portage Ave Winnipeg, MB R3K 0Y8, we offer a range of Winnipeg, MB replacement window services. Please give us a call today at (204) 889-8422.
- 6 Original Ways to Decorate Your Entry Door
- Breathe New Life Into Your Patio Doors
- The Important of Locks
- Locks For Replacement Windows
- Entry Doors Versus Interior Doors
- Great Patio Door Locks
- Custom Glass For Custom Windows And Doors
- Save On Replacement Windows
- Should Your Entry Door Have Glass?
- All About Choosing Patio Doors
- Home Security and Custom Windows and Doors
- Do Replacement Windows Really Save You Money?
- Basic Types of Entry Doors
- Ten Steps For Amazing Patio Doors
- Tips and Tricks for Choosing the Best Custom Windows and Doors
- The Different Kinds of Replacement Windows
- Entry Door Security
- Patio Door Security
- Stained Glass For Your Custom Windows And Doors
- Replacement Windows and Your Historic Home
- The Basic Types of Entry Doors
- Choosing Your Ideal Patio Doors
- Amazing Features For Your Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Efficiency Labels on Replacement Windows
- Trendy Entry Doors For Your Winnipeg, MB Home
- Top Patio Door Trends For 2018
- The Benefits of Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Star Replacement Windows
- How to Choose the Right Entry Doors for Your Home
- 4 Priorities When Buying New Patio Doors
- Why Vinyl is an Excellent Material for Custom Windows and Doors
- 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing Replacement Windows
- Is it Time for New Entry Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 3 Types of Patio Doors in Winnipeg, MB
- Why Invest in Custom Windows and Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 5 Tips for Replacement Windows in Winnipeg, MB
- Financial Considerations When Choosing Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Home Value Increases from New Windows in Winnipeg
- Why Vinyl Windows Outperform Other Products in Lockport, MB
- Getting Started with Replacement Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Why You Need New Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Homeowner Tips: Caring for Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What is the Cost of Window Installation in Selkirk, MB?
- 4 Features to Consider When Selecting Windows in Winnipeg
- The Best Care Tips for Windows in Winnipeg
- 5 Important Benefits of New Windows in Winnipeg
- Do You have Energy Efficient Windows Installed in Your Selkirk, MB Home?
- How to Find a Reliable Window Contractor in Selkirk, MB
- Are Vinyl Windows the Right Choice for Your Home in Lockport, MB?
- Choosing Vinyl Windows for a Property in Lockport, MB?
- 3 Signs It is Time to Replace the Windows in Your St Francis Xavier Home
- Quality Windows are Necessary to Reduce the Risk of Pest Infestations in St Francis Xavier
- Window Consultation in Winnipeg: Why Both Homeowners Should be in Attendance
- Residential Windows in Selkirk, MB: Should You Expect Wear and Tear?
- Easy Window Installation in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Steps to Choosing the Best Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Why You Always Need an Experienced Contractor for Vinyl Window Installation in Lockport, MB
- Windows and Warranties: What Winnipeg Homeowners Need to Know
- Selkirk, MB Homeowners: How Can You Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced?
- Tips to Find a Professional Window Installer in St Francis Xavier
- 3 Things to Consider Before Choosing Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Vinyl Windows Are a Great Solution for Energy Efficiency in Lockport, MB
- You Deserve Quality Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Choosing the Right Windows in Winnipeg
- When is the Best Time of Year to Replace Windows in Winnipeg?
- Window Shopping in Selkirk, MB? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Proven Steps to Choose New Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What Should You Do about Drafty Windows in St Francis Xavier?
- Easy Tips to Help You Choose a Windows Contractor in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Benefits of Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- How to Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced in Your Selkirk, MB Property
- How Much Should You Spend on Windows in Winnipeg?
- Choosing The Right Replacement Windows For Your Winnipeg Home
- Preparing For Your Window Replacement Project In St. Francis Xavier, MB!
- The Right Replacement Windows For Your East St. Paul, MB Home
- Replacement Window FAQs For The West St. Paul, MB Homeowner
- Your Whole-Home Replacement Window Project in Selkirk, MB
- Lockport, MB Window Replacements Just For You
- Knowing When To Replace Your Headingley, MB Windows
- Your Winnipeg Home's Entry Door & Your Unique Character
- A Patio Door For All Seasons
- Choose Pioneer For Your Custom Windows And Doors