Do Replacement Windows Really Save You Money?
If you’re debating to invest in replacement windows for your Winnipeg, MB home, you’ve probably thought a lot about the cost. A lot of replacement window businesses and contractors claim that investing in replacement windows will save you a lot of money on your energy can even recoup your initial investment. But is this true?
The best place to start is with hard data. A 2009 Energy Star study shows that homeowners can save at least $27 a year on their energy bills if they replace their windows with new, more energy efficient models. Homeowners that have single pane windows and replace them with double pane, Energy Star rated windows can save between $126 and $465 in savings every year, while homeowners with double paned windows already will only see $111 in energy bill savings. That’s a amount of savings.
However, considering that replacement windows cost $300 to $700 on average per window, it’s safe to say that you most likely recoup your replacement window investment in energy savings alone. For example, an average , two-story home with 10 windows will cost from $3,000 to $7,000 for all new replacement windows, and at most the owner can expect $465 in energy savings.
It’s also important to note that you don’t always have to replace your windows to see improvements in your energy usage and spending. A California Office of Historic Preservation study found that homeowners thought that replacing their windows was their only option, and were pressured to do so, existing windows can help you save money, too. Repairing existing windows can cost as low as $50 per window. Depending on the state of your window, repair is a great way to increase energy efficiency and save money all at the same time.
If you don’t have it in the budget to replace your windows this year, or your window problems can be fixed by repair, here are some other ways you can make your home more energy efficient:
Window insulation, like plastic coverings, sealant, or foam
Checking your home for leaks, including in heating and cooling ducts, doors and cracks
Upgrading your home’s insulation (may also make you eligible for a tax credit)
sometimes your windows are beyond repair and need to be replaced for energy efficiency and safety. While money is important, it shouldn’t be the only factor when you decide to replace your windows. If your windows need to be replaced, don’t wait until the problems get any worse.
If you want to learn more about energy efficiency, replacement windows and money, Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd can help. Please stop by our showroom located at 3224 Portage Ave Winnipeg, MB R3K 0Y8 to see us in person. You can also give us a call 204) 889-8422 to learn more about what we can do for you and your Winnipeg, MB replacement windows.
- All About Choosing Patio Doors
- Home Security and Custom Windows and Doors
- Do Replacement Windows Really Save You Money?
- Basic Types of Entry Doors
- Ten Steps For Amazing Patio Doors
- Tips and Tricks for Choosing the Best Custom Windows and Doors
- The Different Kinds of Replacement Windows
- Entry Door Security
- Patio Door Security
- Stained Glass For Your Custom Windows And Doors
- Replacement Windows and Your Historic Home
- The Basic Types of Entry Doors
- Choosing Your Ideal Patio Doors
- Amazing Features For Your Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Efficiency Labels on Replacement Windows
- Trendy Entry Doors For Your Winnipeg, MB Home
- Top Patio Door Trends For 2018
- The Benefits of Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Star Replacement Windows
- How to Choose the Right Entry Doors for Your Home
- 4 Priorities When Buying New Patio Doors
- Why Vinyl is an Excellent Material for Custom Windows and Doors
- 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing Replacement Windows
- Is it Time for New Entry Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 3 Types of Patio Doors in Winnipeg, MB
- Why Invest in Custom Windows and Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 5 Tips for Replacement Windows in Winnipeg, MB
- Financial Considerations When Choosing Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Home Value Increases from New Windows in Winnipeg
- Why Vinyl Windows Outperform Other Products in Lockport, MB
- Getting Started with Replacement Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Why You Need New Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Homeowner Tips: Caring for Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What is the Cost of Window Installation in Selkirk, MB?
- 4 Features to Consider When Selecting Windows in Winnipeg
- The Best Care Tips for Windows in Winnipeg
- 5 Important Benefits of New Windows in Winnipeg
- Do You have Energy Efficient Windows Installed in Your Selkirk, MB Home?
- How to Find a Reliable Window Contractor in Selkirk, MB
- Are Vinyl Windows the Right Choice for Your Home in Lockport, MB?
- Choosing Vinyl Windows for a Property in Lockport, MB?
- 3 Signs It is Time to Replace the Windows in Your St Francis Xavier Home
- Quality Windows are Necessary to Reduce the Risk of Pest Infestations in St Francis Xavier
- Window Consultation in Winnipeg: Why Both Homeowners Should be in Attendance
- Residential Windows in Selkirk, MB: Should You Expect Wear and Tear?
- Easy Window Installation in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Steps to Choosing the Best Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Why You Always Need an Experienced Contractor for Vinyl Window Installation in Lockport, MB
- Windows and Warranties: What Winnipeg Homeowners Need to Know
- Selkirk, MB Homeowners: How Can You Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced?
- Tips to Find a Professional Window Installer in St Francis Xavier
- 3 Things to Consider Before Choosing Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Vinyl Windows Are a Great Solution for Energy Efficiency in Lockport, MB
- You Deserve Quality Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Choosing the Right Windows in Winnipeg
- When is the Best Time of Year to Replace Windows in Winnipeg?
- Window Shopping in Selkirk, MB? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Proven Steps to Choose New Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What Should You Do about Drafty Windows in St Francis Xavier?
- Easy Tips to Help You Choose a Windows Contractor in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Benefits of Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- How to Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced in Your Selkirk, MB Property
- How Much Should You Spend on Windows in Winnipeg?
- Choosing The Right Replacement Windows For Your Winnipeg Home
- Preparing For Your Window Replacement Project In St. Francis Xavier, MB!
- The Right Replacement Windows For Your East St. Paul, MB Home
- Replacement Window FAQs For The West St. Paul, MB Homeowner
- Your Whole-Home Replacement Window Project in Selkirk, MB
- Lockport, MB Window Replacements Just For You
- Knowing When To Replace Your Headingley, MB Windows
- Your Winnipeg Home's Entry Door & Your Unique Character
- A Patio Door For All Seasons
- Choose Pioneer For Your Custom Windows And Doors