All About Choosing Patio Doors
Adding patio doors to your Winnipeg, MB home is a great idea. Patio doors offer easy access to your outdoor space, and allow wonderful natural light and beautiful outdoor views into your home. The right patio doors can also boost your home’s energy efficiency and safety with the right features.
However, there are a lot of patio door options out there, and it can be hard to know how to choose what’s best for your home. The easiest place to start is gathering all the information. Read on to learn more about patio door designs and materials so you can be better prepared to shop for your new doors.
There are many different patio door designs and styles. Which one you choose depends on your preference in both function and aesthetics. There are three main types of patio doors:
1) Swinging Patio Doors, or hinged patio doors, are very similar to everyday exterior doors. They are available with full or partial glass paneling for almost unlimited outdoor viewing, and are typically hung in center fashion with each door swinging outward from the central pole. They look great with most classic home styles, and are easily decorated to match your look.
2) Sliding Patio Doors are the most popular type of patio door as they are easy to install, use and maintain. Also known as bypass or gliding doors, sliding patio doors brighten your home with plenty of natural light. Sliding patio doors typically have two or more panels, and one of the panels slides in and out on hidden rollers to open or close the door. These doors are ideal for almost any kind of home.
3) Folding Patio Doors are another popular option because they allow for an extra-wide entrance to your outdoor area. Functioning like an accordion, folding patio doors slide in and out on a hidden track and fold away on the sides. Folding patio doors can have up to eight leaves, and generally also come with glass paneling for outdoor views and natural light. Choose folding patio doors for more modern homes.
The basic patio door materials are:
Fiberglass – Fiberglass looks and feels a lot like natural wood, but does not require as much maintenance or work as natural wood.
Wood – The most classic material for patio doors, wood is visually appealing and strong. However, wood does require a lot of maintenance with frequent painting and cleaning.
Vinyl – Vinyl is a type of plastic that provides energy efficiency, durability, and visual appeal for your patio doors. Vinyl is built to be climate resistant, and therefore does not fade, peel, flake or rot on harsh weather.
Want to learn more about patio doors, their materials and different designs? Pioneer Window & Door Mfg Ltd can help. We offer premium Winnipeg, MB patio doors and services from 3224 Portage Ave Winnipeg, MB R3K 0Y8. Please give us a call today at (204) 889-8422 for more information about finding and choosing patio doors, or about what we can do for you.
- Do You Want Sliding Replacement Windows?
- An Easy Checklist For Finding Replacement Windows
- Replacement Windows With Cordless Cellular Window Shades
- Vinyl Replacement Windows For Your Home
- Keep Your Replacement Window Shades and Blinds Clean
- A Guide To Casement Replacement Windows
- How To Keep Your Double Hung Replacement Windows Clean
- Cellular Vs. Roller Window Shades For Your Replacement Windows
- Alternative Shutter Materials For Replacement Windows
- Wood Replacement Window Shutters
- Measurements, Fabric And Other Things To Decide On Before Buying Curtains
- Exterior Replacement Window Shutters
- Are Your Replacement Wasting Your Money?
- Weather-stripping Your Replacement Windows
- Fiberglass Frame Replacement Windows
- Solar Window Shades For Replacement Windows
- Winter Replacement Windows
- Bow Vs. Bay Replacement Windows
- Motorized Window Blinds and Replacement Windows
- What to Think About Before Choosing Blinds
- Entry Door Styles
- R-value and Patio Doors
- How To Care For Your Custom Windows and Doors
- Be Careful With Replacement Window Installation
- 4 Questions To Ask About Your Entry Door Contractors
- The Common Patio Door Contractor Process
- Double-Pane Glass For Custom Windows and Doors
- 5 Common Questions About Vinyl Replacement Windows
- 6 Original Ways to Decorate Your Entry Door
- Breathe New Life Into Your Patio Doors
- The Important of Locks
- Locks For Replacement Windows
- Entry Doors Versus Interior Doors
- Great Patio Door Locks
- Custom Glass For Custom Windows And Doors
- Save On Replacement Windows
- Should Your Entry Door Have Glass?
- All About Choosing Patio Doors
- Home Security and Custom Windows and Doors
- Do Replacement Windows Really Save You Money?
- Basic Types of Entry Doors
- Ten Steps For Amazing Patio Doors
- Tips and Tricks for Choosing the Best Custom Windows and Doors
- The Different Kinds of Replacement Windows
- Entry Door Security
- Patio Door Security
- Stained Glass For Your Custom Windows And Doors
- Replacement Windows and Your Historic Home
- The Basic Types of Entry Doors
- Choosing Your Ideal Patio Doors
- Amazing Features For Your Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Efficiency Labels on Replacement Windows
- Trendy Entry Doors For Your Winnipeg, MB Home
- Top Patio Door Trends For 2018
- The Benefits of Custom Windows and Doors
- Energy Star Replacement Windows
- How to Choose the Right Entry Doors for Your Home
- 4 Priorities When Buying New Patio Doors
- Why Vinyl is an Excellent Material for Custom Windows and Doors
- 5 Questions to Ask When Choosing Replacement Windows
- Is it Time for New Entry Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 3 Types of Patio Doors in Winnipeg, MB
- Why Invest in Custom Windows and Doors in Winnipeg, MB?
- 5 Tips for Replacement Windows in Winnipeg, MB
- Financial Considerations When Choosing Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Home Value Increases from New Windows in Winnipeg
- Why Vinyl Windows Outperform Other Products in Lockport, MB
- Getting Started with Replacement Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Why You Need New Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Homeowner Tips: Caring for Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What is the Cost of Window Installation in Selkirk, MB?
- 4 Features to Consider When Selecting Windows in Winnipeg
- The Best Care Tips for Windows in Winnipeg
- 5 Important Benefits of New Windows in Winnipeg
- Do You have Energy Efficient Windows Installed in Your Selkirk, MB Home?
- How to Find a Reliable Window Contractor in Selkirk, MB
- Are Vinyl Windows the Right Choice for Your Home in Lockport, MB?
- Choosing Vinyl Windows for a Property in Lockport, MB?
- 3 Signs It is Time to Replace the Windows in Your St Francis Xavier Home
- Quality Windows are Necessary to Reduce the Risk of Pest Infestations in St Francis Xavier
- Window Consultation in Winnipeg: Why Both Homeowners Should be in Attendance
- Residential Windows in Selkirk, MB: Should You Expect Wear and Tear?
- Easy Window Installation in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Steps to Choosing the Best Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- Why You Always Need an Experienced Contractor for Vinyl Window Installation in Lockport, MB
- Windows and Warranties: What Winnipeg Homeowners Need to Know
- Selkirk, MB Homeowners: How Can You Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced?
- Tips to Find a Professional Window Installer in St Francis Xavier
- 3 Things to Consider Before Choosing Windows in St Francis Xavier
- Vinyl Windows Are a Great Solution for Energy Efficiency in Lockport, MB
- You Deserve Quality Windows in Selkirk, MB
- Choosing the Right Windows in Winnipeg
- When is the Best Time of Year to Replace Windows in Winnipeg?
- Window Shopping in Selkirk, MB? Here’s What You Need to Know
- Proven Steps to Choose New Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- What Should You Do about Drafty Windows in St Francis Xavier?
- Easy Tips to Help You Choose a Windows Contractor in St Francis Xavier
- 4 Benefits of Vinyl Windows in Lockport, MB
- How to Tell When the Windows Need to Be Replaced in Your Selkirk, MB Property
- How Much Should You Spend on Windows in Winnipeg?
- Choosing The Right Replacement Windows For Your Winnipeg Home
- Preparing For Your Window Replacement Project In St. Francis Xavier, MB!
- The Right Replacement Windows For Your East St. Paul, MB Home
- Replacement Window FAQs For The West St. Paul, MB Homeowner
- Your Whole-Home Replacement Window Project in Selkirk, MB
- Lockport, MB Window Replacements Just For You
- Knowing When To Replace Your Headingley, MB Windows
- Your Winnipeg Home's Entry Door & Your Unique Character
- A Patio Door For All Seasons
- Choose Pioneer For Your Custom Windows And Doors